Saturday, May 13, 2006

today's my birthday.

it's no big hullaballoo. if anything it's just a reminder that another year has passed you by.

my presents so far: a lovely pot of flowers, a bottle of champagne shared with my always thoughtful husband, a card from my in-laws, and a $25 iTunes gift card, which i immediately used to purchase music of questionable taste.
* * *
i broke two of my champagne flutes this afternoon. it was a truly boneheaded move. i had just washed them and put them on the dish drainer to dry. a fly started buzzing around my head, which prodded me to grab the fly swatter. the glasses being in the precarious position they were, i thought of nothing but killing that flying little bastard, and thus with one flail of the arm the flutes went crashing into the sink. i've had those flutes since college. i'm not devastated as much as i am disappointed.

some would consider this bad luck. i look at it as an opportunity to get new ones. or as they say, mazel tov!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home